Information Security Management Systems (ISMS, ISO/IEC 27001:2013) Foundation Training Course
Personal Data Protection, EU GDPR (and ePrivacy regulation), Trade Secret, Asset management, Information Security Risk Management, Incident and Problem, Access controls on environmental, facilities, equipments, people, communication, networking, system and application
The successful completion of this course will help you improve your knowledge about ISMS (ISO/IEC 27001, Information Security Management Systems) requirements.
To participate this training course, the following prior knowledge were expected:
- Knowledge of Annex SL and Management System Compliance (ISO 19600)
- Process approach (Plan-Do-Check-Act)
- Business overall compliance risk management (ISO 31000), includes legal, legislation, contractual obligations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Top management leadership, other roles and responsibilities to support management system
- Consideration of planning a management system - identify the organisational and technical measures to manage the identified risk
- Supporting required by the management system
- Management system operation consideration - monitoring, reporting and communicating
- Performance evaluation of a management - objectives evaluation, Internal Audits and Management Review
- Continual improve the effectiveness of a management system
- Knowledge of risk management (ISO 31000)
- risk management process
- risk criteria
- risk assessment (includes risk identification, analysis and evaluation)
- risk treatment
- risk communication, monitoring and improvements
- Knowledge of information security management principles and concepts, includes but not limited to:
- awareness of the need for information security;
- the assignment of responsibility for information security;
- incorporating management commitment and the interests of stakeholders;
- enhancing societal values;
- using the results of risk assessments to determine appropriate controls to reach acceptable levels of risk;
- incorporating security as an essential element of information networks and systems;
- the active prevention and detection of information security incidents;
- ensuring a comprehensive approach to information security management;
- continual reassessment of information security and make of modifications as appropriate.
- ISO/IEC 27001: Knowledge of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 (with ISO/IEC 27002) and the commonly used information security management terms and definitions, as given in ISO/IEC 27000.
Note. You are advised that course examination questions can relate to any requirement of ISO/IEC 27001 and the expected prior knowledge. For delegates who do not have these, we recommend attending our foundation training course.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who will be involved in implementation an ISMS that conforms to latest ISO/IEC 27001 in any organization. Suggested job functions and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security consultants
- Understand the ISMS requirements
- Understand the information security risk management process, controls objectives and controls
- Your organization will have an internal resource and process to plan and establish an ISMS
- Improve your knowledge on ISMS.
- Support the organisation to protection the sensitive data, i.e. personal data, trade secret, to compliance with legal, legislation and governance requirements
- Understand the gaps between existing ISMS and international standards
Day 1, Annex SL, Risk management principles (ISO 31000)、Management System Compliance (ISO 19600)、ISMS (ISO/IEC 27001)
- Understand the compliance risk management (ISO 31000) - Legal, Legislation, Contractual Obligations, Standards, Policy and Procedures (Clause 4.1, 4.2)
- Information security risk control on legal and technical compliance (Annex A.18)
- Select and define ISMS operation and certification scope (Clause 4.3, 4.4)
- Leadership, ISMS policy and objectives (Clause 5.1, 5.2, Annex A.5)
- ISMS organizational security (Clause 5.3, 7.1 ~ 7.4, Annex A.6)
- ISMS documented information (Clause 7.5)
- Establish the information asset management process (Annex A.8)
- Protection on Trade Secret, i.e. Intellectual property rights (IPRs) (Annex A.18.1.2)
- Personal data protection and EU GDPR (Annex A.18.1.4)
- Establish information security risk management process (Clause 6, 8)
- Risk assessment report (Clause 6.1.2 e.)
- SoA, Statement of Applicability (Clause 6.1.3 d.)
- Risk treatment plan (Clause 6.1.3 f.)
Day 2, Information security risk control objectives and controls (ISO/IEC 27001, Annex A)
- Information security risk control on human resource security (employee, outsource and supplier) (Annex A.7, A.15, A.9.2, A.9.3)
- Information security risk control on mobile devices, encryption, redundancy (Annex A.6.2, A.10, A.17.2)
- Information security risk control on physical and environmental (Annex A.11)
- Information security risk control on communication and network (Annex A.13)
- Information security risk control on information system and application (Annex A.14, A.9.4)
- Information security risk control on IT service operations (Annex A.12)
- Information security risk control on incident and change management (Annex A.16)
- Information security risk control on business continuity management (Annex A.17)
- Management system performance evaluation and improvements (Clause 9, 10)
- Q & A / Course examination
- Course material
- Course examination (on-line)
- Course certificate
- Delegates should note that there are evening works during the course
- The minimal numbers of delegates for this course is 4 and maximum is 20. If the students less than 4, the course will be postponed.
- This course is facilitated by TKSG online learning management system (LMS). The participants should have the capability to use their own PC, laptop notebook or suitable mobile devices to access the LMS.
- This course is run in collaboration with CQI/IRCA Approved Training Partner - Hermes infotech Inc.
Daily：09:00 ~ 17:00